Community and Economic Development
B.Sc. in Social Development and Environment Engineering, Zamorano Agricultural Panamerican School, Honduras
Has also lived/worked in:
Valeria, 23, has over 2 years of professional experience in Business Management/Operations, Project Management, Program Development and Research and Analysis. She is particularly interested in Socio-Economic Development, Permaculture, Biotechnology and Sustainable Production amongst others.
1. Co-ordinator of Production and Marketing, Produtankay Social Company (Machachi, Ecuador)
2. Project Developer, Food Safety Project “Mi Meriendita Escolar” (El Pedregal, Honduras)
3. Visiting Researcher of Biological Control, University of Florida (Fort Pierce, USA)
4. At University:
- Was part of the evaluation of the municipality of Güinope by collecting data on children and adolescents in the locality
- Collaborated in data recollection on climate change research in Francisco Morazán (Honduras) and its effects on small producers.
- Andean Representative at Youth Ag-Summit in Brussels. Belgium
- Global Talent Representative at UNLEASH in Denmark
- Won the Bronze medal at International Genetically Engineered Machine (iGEM). (Boston, Massachusetts, USA, 2014), an International competition about genetic modification of organisms to provide them useful and desired characteristics
- Is familiar with GVSig, Microsoft Office, EPANET, VAMPP
WE HOPE YOU'VE LIKED WHAT YOU'VE SEEN SO FAR! PLEASE READ BELOW BEFORE PROCEEDING. We have attached to the email the documents that the applicant submitted to IDEX. We ask that you overlook the formatting of these documents as we've learned many applicants use standard formatting for resume's, etc. that are common in his/her home country. Also, we kindly request that you refrain from reaching out to the applicant (phone, email or Linkedin). IDEX is happy to connect you to the applicant, upon request, if you'd like to interview him or her.