Tuition For The January '19 Fellowship Program : $2,950
Tuition covers the following:
- 3-week virtual orientation
- India field orientation (lodging + meals for all 4 days)
- Housing in Bangalore for 1st month of fellowship term
- Monthly Transportation Stipend of $125 (approx. INR 8500) for the 6 months of fellowship term (prorated for the first and last months)
- Monthly mentoring/capacity building workshops during fellowship
- Networking events
- 1:1 Mentoring sessions during fellowship
- Curated curriculum
- Full-time support staff & field managers (barring weekends/National Holidays)
TUITION DOES NOT COVER:
- Travel to/from India
- Transportation to/from the airport
- Passport or Business visa cost
- Housing in Bangalore from 2nd month of fellowship term onwards
- Living expenses during the fellowship
Living in india
IDEX estimates that fellow's living expenses while in India, could be within a range of $350 - $750 per month based on individual preferences, area of housing and/or other personal expenses. IDEX shares a detailed city guide with fellows outlining estimated living costs as well as offering some tips and tricks to adapting to India
*Please note the transportation stipend is intended to reduce a portion of the costs but is not intended to cover all estimated living COSTS.
Through generous funding from IDEX donors and partners, we are able offer partial scholarships to select deserving candidates for the Program.
IDEX Scholarship Fund
IDEX provides partial scholarships for select fellows seeking to participate in the IDEX Accelerator program. Funding is merit-based and awarded to the most promising candidates who demonstrate a commitment and passion to continue working in the social enterprise sector post fellowship. This application is open to all global applicants.
InvestWise Scholarship Fund
As part of our commitment to investing in the transformation power of women’s leadership, IDEX has launched the InvestWISE Scholarship Fund with the goal of empowering and training future women intrapreneurs. Funding is awarded to the most promising candidates who demonstrate a commitment to continue working for a socially progressive enterprise post-fellowship.
THIS SCHOLARSHIP AWARD IS RESTRICTED TO FEMALE APPLICANTS ONLY AND REQUIRES A LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION FROM A MENTOR.
Crowdfunding Your Tuition
IDEX has formed a partnership with Indigogo to make it easier for fellows to fundraise for their fellowship. Indigogo allows fellows to create a personal fundraising page where you can direct family, friends and supporters and sponsors. To date, IDEX fellows have fundraised more than $40,000 from supporters.