BSc (Honors) in Biomedical Sciences from University of Delhi
PhD Scholar (Life Sciences; Neuroscience) from Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR)
Has also lived/worked in:
Parul, 29, is a thorough research professional with over 9 years of experience in Research & Analysis and Scientific Writing and has built her expertise in healthcare applications.
1. Research and Data Consultant (Healthcare Analytics) General Electric (GE) (Bangalore, India)
Working with the ‘Sustainable Healthcare Solutions’ arm to manage the procurement of Vscan (low-cost, affordable, handheld ultrasound device) data from the field in Africa.
2. Founder, 'Lotus Instinct' Project (Bangalore, India)
Striving to mitigate stigma associated with mental health and illness. Life-skills advocacy to students and communities at large. Developing modules to deliver information through storytelling and experiential learning.
3. Independent Consultant for Scientific Editing and Writing
Scientific consulting for Life Sciences manuscripts
- Awarded travel fellowship by Department of Science and Technology and Department of Biotechnology, Govt. of India to attend the "Society for Neuroscience" Meeting, 2013 at San Diego, USA
- Fellowship by Department of Atomic Energy to pursue doctoral studies at TIFR for 2009-2015
- TEDxWhitefield team consultant and TED Translator: Making ideas worth sharing more accessible by transcribing & translating TED videos in a local language.
- Mentored students of Dhirubhai International School for 6 months during the inter school Brain and Behavior Camp organized by Bombay International School in 2014. The team went on to win the first position in the Brain Quiz Challenge and the Best Scientific Research Paper.
WE HOPE YOU'VE LIKED WHAT YOU'VE SEEN SO FAR! PLEASE READ BELOW BEFORE PROCEEDING. Here are the documents that the applicant submitted to IDEX. We ask that you overlook the formatting of these documents as we've learned many applicants use standard formatting for resume's, etc. that are common in his/her home country. Also, we kindly request that you refrain from reaching out to the applicant (phone, email or Linkedin). IDEX is happy to connect you to the applicant, upon request, if you'd like to interview him or her.